- 12 oz fresh or frozen raspberries
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream, make sure it's really cold
- 1 pk gelatin, (2 1/4 tsp) + 1/4 cup water to soften
- Stir gelatin into 1/4 cup cold water to soften. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, add raspberries, sugar and 1/4 cup water. Heat until berries soften and being to break down. Puree in blender.
- Remove seeds using a strainer if desired. Put back into saucepan. Add softened gelatin. Bring to a boil. Boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Cool to room temp (between 70-80 degrees F.).
- In a large bowl, whip cream to stiff peaks. This is the stage right before cream turns to butter. Be careful not to over whip.
- Once berry mixture is cooled adequately, carefully fold into cream. Pour into serving dishes or chill and pipe into serving dishes.
- Chill for 4-24 hours before serving.
This mousse is great on cupcakes. Chill mousse for a couple hours before piping onto cooled cupcakes.
If you like this recipe you may also like these MOUSSE recipes:
- Easy 3-Ingredient Chocolate Mousse
- Raspberry Mousse Brownie Bites
- Mint Mousse Chocolate Cups
- Triple Chocolate Mousse Cupcakes
- Raspberry Chocolate Mousse Cake
Pages: Page 1 Page 2