English Toffee Brownies
Yield: 24 approx. 2"x2"
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Sweet toffee flavors combine with nutty almonds all on top the perfect cake-y brownie. It's a must try!
- 1 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder, sifted
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla, double if imitation
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup almonds, toasted and chopped
- 2/3 cup toffee bits
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl pour melted butter, add cocoa powder. Mix well.
- Add sugar and vanilla. After combine beat in eggs.
- Add flour, salt, and baking soda. Only mix until incorporated. DON'T over mix.
- Pour brownie batter into a prepared (lightly greased and floured) 9x13 pan.
- Sprinkle 1/3 cup toffee bits onto brownie batter. Then sprinkle all the almonds on top. Lastly, sprinkle the remaining 1/3 cup toffee bits on top of the almonds (this will help the almonds stay in place).
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 min or until toothpick comes out clean.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 264Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 58mgSodium: 251mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 1gSugar: 21gProtein: 4g
[…] brownie. Going with a cake brownie helps avoid the soggy factor. Here’s a recipe for homemade cake brownies or you can make a box brownie (just add an extra egg and an additional 1/4 cup of flour to the […]