A cool summery lemon drink made with freshly squeezed lemon juice and sweetened with real sugar. A simple 3-ingredient homemade lemonade made in a blender.
Summer is heating up and it’s time to take those lemons and make some lemonade… literally! Lemonade is an easy, delicious summery drink that will keep your tastebuds happy, cool and refreshed.
This easy classic lemonade recipe is simple with only 3 ingredients and only takes about 5 minutes to make. It’s a perfect summer drink for all ages.
We love making all kinds of lemonade and lemon treats. If you’re like us… check out a few of our favorite lemon recipes:
- Easy Sugar-Free Lemonade – low-carb and keto-friendly
- Creamy Lemon Eclairs – lemony twist on a classic eclair
- Easy Lemon Cheesecake Bars – creamy and delicious! A family favorite (except for Ryan who doesn’t do ANY cheese)
- Honey Lemonade – refreshing lemonade sweetened with honey
- Easy Lemon Cream Pie – only 4 ingredients and whips up in 5 minutes
Stay tuned for some delicious lemonade popsicles/otter pops and flavored lemonades! Coming soon!
HOW DO I MAKE HOMEMADE LEMONADE?
Homemade lemonade is simple to make and so refreshing. There are a couple of different methods I’ve used or heard of to combine the liquid and sweeteners together.
- Cold stir until dissolved – use cold water and hand stir until sugars are dissolved. This method takes more time and may not fully dissolve sugar crystals.
- Simple syrup method (boil and dissolve) – add water and sugar. Boil until sugar is dissolved. This method takes longer as you must bring water mixture to boil then cool before finishing the lemonade. I believe this is the most common method of making lemonade. It’s often referred to as the simple syrup method.
- Blender method – using a blender, puree and mix sugar and lemon juice and some of the water until dissolved. Faster method without having to heat the mixture.
- Pressure cooker – I have a friend over at Berly’s Kitchen that makes an Instant Pot lemonade using her Instant Pot. Super easy but she does say it changes the flavor slightly as the lemon juice is heated with all the other ingredients.
I prefer a no-cook version using a blender. (I have a Blendtec blender and LOVE it. If you’re in the market for a new blender, check them out. They can be a little pricy but so work what you get!)
This method offers great fresh flavors and a speedy delivery. No need to heat up the kitchen with a pot of boiling sugar water. The blender method quickly dissolves the sugar in the lemon juice so you will be ready to mix up a pitcher of thirst-quenching lemonade in minutes.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST TO MAKE FRESH SQUEEZED LEMONADE?
Lemonade, especially if you can get your hands on cheap or free lemons, is an inexpensive homemade drink. It’s mainly made of water and sugar than flavored with lemons because lemons have such a bright strong flavor.
Prices for supplies may vary depending on location and store you purchase groceries from. I try to shop bulk food stores, use coupons, watch ads and shop sales (like case lot), buy supplies in bulk to save money in the long run and use homegrown produce and herbs when available. These are a great way to stay within my grocery budget without sacrificing flavor or nutrition.
Cost break down for this homemade lemonade recipe:
- Lemons (freshly squeezed lemon juice, I found them on sale at Rancho Market) – $0.50
- Sugar – $0.12
- Water – FREE
The price of this lemonade will vary depending on how much you spend on the lemons. I was able to snag a great deal for lemons at Rancho Market. A 4 serving pitcher of this homemade lemonade cost me less than 65¢! Nuts, right?!?! I love when a refreshing lemonade recipe, with fresh ingredients, only costs 16¢ per serving (over 8 ounces) of sweet lemony goodness!
Just imagine… if you had a lemon tree and were able to skip the cost of lemons all together. Woot! (high five)
So, next time you have a few lemons on the counter that need to be used or you’re looking for a refreshing summer drink to brighten the day, try this delicious homemade lemonade recipe made with REAL sugar!
Here’s the full printable recipe. We hope you enjoy this delicious lemonade recipe as much as we do!
- 1 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice, if fresh isn't available bottled can be substituted
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 cups cold water
- 7-8 ice cubes, or an additional 1/2 cup water
- Pour lemon juice and sugar in blender. Blend for 1-2 minutes until sugar is dissolved.
- Add ice (or 1/2 cup water) blend for additional 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Pour lemon sugar concentrate into serving pitcher. Add remaining water. Stir. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
If blender is large enough, all the water can be added and stirred in blender.
This lemonade is great frozen into popsicles or as a frothy frozen lemonade.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 159 Total Fat: 0g Saturated Fat: 0g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 10mg Carbohydrates: 42g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 39g Protein: 0g
*This post contains affiliate links. In order to support this blog and continue providing free content, I may receive a commission from purchases you make through the links in this post.