A chewy, classic Peanut Butter Cookies recipe topped with festive M&Ms for any occasion and ready in 20 minutes or less. This easy cookie recipe will be a favorite for any peanut butter chocolate lover.
Need a quick peanut butter chocolate fix? Cookies are your answer!
These easy peanut butter cookies with M&Ms are your answer. This is a soft, chewy classic peanut butter cookie recipe topped with festive M&Ms and it’s my favorite. That’s why I’m sharing it today.
We love making these around a holiday when we can buy fun, festive M&Ms like these cute Valentines M&Ms.
Most cookie recipes like this are pretty straightforward to make. This recipe is easy, fast, and so delicious.
HOW DO I MAKE PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES?
Here’s a little video I made to show you how easy this recipe is to make!
There are no tricks or secrets here. These peanut butter cookies are easy to make. You probably already have the ingredients in your pantry.
YOU WILL NEED:
- sugar and brown sugar
- creamy peanut butter
- an egg
- baking soda
You will start by creaming the fats and sugar together. Then add the egg and vanilla.
After that, the dry ingredients go in.
Once mixed, the dough will look crumbly but will still form a ball when squeezed together.
Form into balls. I like using a size 40 portion scoop. With this size scoop, I can make 20 cookies with a single batch of peanut butter cookie dough.
After the dough has been rolled into balls, roll them in granulated sugar.
Bake um’ up most of the way then add the M&Ms.
Pop them back in the oven for just a minute or two and they’re done.
PRO TIP #1: If you like very soft, chewy cookies, bake your cookies for 8-9 minutes rather than 9-10 minutes.
WE LIKE COOKIES AROUND HERE!
If you do too, you might like these recipes too:
- Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- Chewy Toffee Almond Cookies
- Nutella Cookies
- Cherry Heart Cream Cheese Cookies
- Soft Ginger Snaps
- Walnut Applesauce Cookies
HERE’S THE FULL PRINTABLE RECIPE. ENJOY!
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 8oz bag M&Ms (use festive colors if you prefer)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a mixing bowl, add butter, peanut butter, sugar, and brown sugar. Using an electric hand mixer, cream these together until light and fluffy (2-3 minutes).
- Add egg and vanilla.
- Once mixed add flour, salt, and baking soda.
- The cookie dough will look crumbly but stick together when scooped and rolled into a ball. Scoop and roll dough into 20 balls. If using a potion scoop, use size 40 or D40.
- Roll each ball in granulated sugar.
- Place 10-12 dough balls on a parchment-lined cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375ºF for 9-10 minutes. Remove and immediately press a few M&Ms into each cookie, I did 5 M&Ms per cookie.
- Bake for additional 1-2 minutes to heat M&Ms.
- Cool and enjoy.
- If you only want to bake one, bake cookies for 10-11 minutes then add m&ms.
- For a chewier cookie, bake 1 minute less (8-9 minutes for the first bake).