Valentine’s Turtle Pretzels – an easy sweet & salty treat made with pretzel squares, caramel chocolate Rolo candies and festive M&Ms. A 5-minute dessert!Are you looking for a fun, festive, EASY treat for Valentine’s Day? These caramel, chocolate, M&M turtle pretzels are so easy and taste great! They only take 5 minutes to make and can be made with any occasion (Valentine’s, spring, Christmas-colored) chocolate M&Ms. How great is that?These M&Ms turtle pretzels are so delicious. The sweet chocolate and caramel of the candies are complimented by the salty crunchiness of the pretzel. If you like sweet-salty combos you are going to love these turtle pretzels.This is a great treat to share in place of cookies or other treats that may take longer to make. If you need a last-minute dessert for your next party, these are perfect. They would also make for a fabulous addition to any Valentine’s tea party or treat platter.
If you like this easy dessert you may also like these:
- 5-Minute No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake
- Easy 3-Ingredient Chocolate Mousse (my most popular recipe)
- Healthy Banana Ice Cream
- Cherry Cheesecake Pinwheels
- Chocolate No-Bake Nest Cookies
3 ingredients and 5 minutes!These delicious quick pretzel turtles only require 3 ingredients and 5 minutes to make. To make your own you’ll need:
- square pretzels
- Rolo chocolate candies
- M&Ms (plain chocolate any colors you’d like)
Can I use regular twisted pretzels or straight pretzel rods?You can use other pretzel shapes but I’d still recommend the square pretzels because they hold the chocolate nicely without much in the way of dripadge or unwanted moving.If you choose to use pretzel rods, cut them in half. Use two pretzel rods that have been cut in half (4 pieces total). Then, place them in a line and set the Rolo on top. They might want to roll and move which will make it harder to work with but they’d still taste great.If you choose to use the regular twist pretzels, I’d recommend using the smallest ones you can buy. This will give the Rolo more surface area to hold on to and smaller holes to fall through.
Can I use a different candy in place of the Rolo?Yes, you can. Rolos with the caramel inside is the best option to give you the traditional turtle flavor but other candies will work too. With these turtle pretzel treats, I think it’s best to stick with a chocolate candy. Here are a few that would taste great!
- Dove Chocolates
- Hershey Kisses
- Hershey Hugs (the white and milk chocolate would look cool and taste great)
- Milk Duds
Likewise, if you don’t like M&Ms you could use these in place of the M&Ms:
- Milk Dud
- Red Hots
- White chocolate drizzle
Do you have big plans for Valentine’s Day?I’d love to hear from you! Leave a comment, send an email or hop on over and say HI on social media! Here’s the full printable recipe and directions. Enjoy and Happy Valentine’s Day!
- 40 Square Pretzels
- 40 Rolo chocolate candies, unwrapped
- 40 M&Ms, color of your choose
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place a single layer of pretzels on baking sheet.
- Add one unwrapped Rolo to the top of each pretzel square.
- Turn oven OFF and place the tray of pretzels and Rolos in the warm oven. Warm for 1-2 minutes until Rolo becomes soft (but not melted and dripping).
- Remove from oven and gently press one M&M on top of each softened Rolo.
- Let cool. Package for delivery or enjoy yourself!