Soft, delicious homemade brownies topped with chewy caramel and rich chocolate. This Caramel Brownies recipe makes a large batch and is great as a potluck dessert or for large gathering.
With summer right around the corner, save this recipe for your next family gathering, BBQ or potluck. You’ll be glad you did.
This large-batch brownies recipe is an easy way to make a sweet treat for a large crowd. Try 48! That’s right, this recipe makes 48 nice-sized brownies everyone will love!
HOW TO MAKE CARAMEL BROWNIES FROM SCRATCH:
The ingredients needed to make this Caramel Brownies recipe are simple. You may already have then in your pantry and fridge.
- Kylie’s Famous Sheet Brownies – butter, sugar, brown sugar, eggs, vanilla, salt, cocoa powder, flour
- Caramel – homemade soft caramel is definitely best but store-bought will work too
- Cream – you will add this to the caramel to soften and the chocolate to make a ganache
- Chocolate – for the pretty drizzle
MAKING KYLIE’S FAMOUS SHEET BROWNIES (THE BASE):
This base brownies recipe is my favorite. It’s sweet enough on their own but pair well with additions like caramel or frosting. They are moist, dense and so chocolatey delicious! Here are the easy steps you’ll take to make a batch for yourself.
- Using the creaming method, cream the butter and sugars together. This will take several minutes. The mixture will lighten in color and become fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time then add the vanilla.
- In a large bowl, blend the dry ingredients together then add to the sugar egg mixture. Mix ONLY until the dry ingredients are just incorporated. Avoid overmixing.
- Pour and spread evenly over a half size cookie sheet then bake.
5. While the brownies are baking, prep the caramel and chocolate ganache.
6. Once the brownies are cooled, add the caramel and ganache. Let them cool and set before slicing to get those straight beautiful edges.
CAN I USE STORE-BOUGHT CARAMEL?
I highly recommend using my homemade caramel recipe as it really “makes” these brownies but I understand that sometimes we are in a time crunch and need to go semi-homemade. Yes, you can use store-bought caramel squares or caramel chips for these Caramel Brownies. You will still want to add cream to the caramel to make it softer at room temperature.
CAN THIS CARAMEL BROWNIES RECIPE BE HALVED?
Yes! This recipe can be halved. You will bake in a 9×13 inch pan rather than a cookie sheet. Bake time will need to be adjusted. Begin checking for doneness around 25 minutes. If halved you will end up with about 24 2×2 inch brownie squares.
LOOKING FOR MORE DELICOUS BROWNIES RECIPES? TRY ONE OF THESE:
- PEANUT BUTTER FROSTED BROWNIES – my all time favorite. If you’re a Reese’s fan you will LOVE these!
- QUICK & EASY SMORES BROWNIES – made using a box brownie mix but so much better.
- STRAWBERRY BANANA CREAM BROWNIES
- TURTLE BROWNIES – these are like caramel brownies on steroids.
- ENGLISH TOFFEE CAKE BROWNIES
- CHEWY TOFFEE BROWNIES – uses a box brownie mix
- DAINTY BROWNIE TEACAKES – perfect for a tea party or dessert platter
- MINI BROWNIES CUPS
- KYLIE’S FAMOUS BROWNIES – my favorite “Plain Jane” brownie recipe
HERE’S THE FULL PRINTABLE CARAMEL BROWNIES RECIPE. ENJOY!
- 2 cups softened butter, 1 lb
- 3 cups white sugar, 600 g
- 1 cup brown sugar, 210 g
- 8 eggs, 18 oz
- 1 Tbs vanilla
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, 360 g
- 3/4 cups cocoa powder, about 65 g
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 11-14 oz caramel, about 36-46 squares (see notes) + 1/3 cup cream
- 6 oz chocolate chips, semi-sweet or milk - your preference
- 1/2 cup cream, 4 oz
- Preheat your oven to 350F. Prepare a cookie sheet with cooking spray or line with parchment paper.
- Cream the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar together with a stand mixer - about 2 or 3 minutes. Slowly add the eggs in one at a time. Once fully incorporated mix in the vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, cocoa powder and salt.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the batter mixture until combined. The batter should be thick and similar to a soft cookie dough. Do not over mix the batter. Stop mixing immediately once the dry ingredients are incorporated.
- Spread the brownie batter evenly on the cookie sheet pan. Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick poked into the center of the brownies comes out clean.
- Once the brownies are done let them cool before adding toppings. It is crucial to let it cool completely or the caramel and chocolate will ooze everywhere.
- In a microwave safe bowl, heat caramel and 1/3 cup cream in 30 second intervals until softened. (about 1 minute).
- Drizzle caramel across the brownie base. Spread until evenly coated.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, add chocolate chips and 1/2 cup cream. Heat in the microwave using 30 second intervals until chocolate begins to melt and cream is hot. (about 1 minute)
- Whisk mixture in a small circular motion in the center. As the chocolate absorbs the cream widen your circular motion until all cream has been mixed in and the mixture is dark, rich and smooth.
- If still very warm, let cool for a few minutes. Use a spoon or pour ganache into a ziploc/piping bag with a very small hole. Drizzle over brownies.
- Let brownie toppings cool completely before cutting. For best results refrigerate for 45 minutes to an hour to allow caramel and chocolate to become even more firm. This will allow you to get very clean cuts.
- Cut 4 by 6 = 24 bakery size brownies or 8 by 12 = 48 squares
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 48 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 768Total Fat: 45gSaturated Fat: 26gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 425mgSodium: 553mgCarbohydrates: 80gFiber: 1gSugar: 73gProtein: 15g