Creamy soft vanilla Oreo cookie centers dipped in lovely white chocolate and topped with your favorite sprinkles. Vanilla Oreo Cookie Truffles are a perfect Valentine’s Day or birthday treat!
Truffles are such fun desserts! They are little balls of sweet goodness and come in all sizes and flavors.
This easy vanilla Oreo truffle recipe I want to share today is so yummy! We made these as Valentine AND birthday treats.
We were able to take the same base recipe and add some fun colorful sprinkles to the center and on top. It was like a little party goin’ on over here. So fun!
ADDITIONAL EASY SWEET TREATS YOU MIGHT LIKE:
- 3-INGREDIENT MOUSSE
- CHOCOLATE-COVERED STRAWBERRIES
- 5-MINUTE NO-BAKE CHERRY CHEESECAKE
- VALENTINE’S TURTLE PRETZELS
- DOUBLE CHOCOLATE CREAM PIE
4-INGREDIENT VANILLA OREO COOKIE TRUFFLES:
That’s right! 4 ingredients!
You will need:
- vanilla Oreo cookies (you can use mini or regular size)
- vanilla frosting
- white chocolate
HOW TO MAKE:
Using a blender or food processor, grind the cookies into a fine powder. I love using my Blendtec blender for this. Seriously amazing!
Once the cookies have been ground, add the frosting. If you want to add a pop of color and festivities to the centers you can add a couple of tablespoons of sprinkles to the center mixture.
Next, form into small teaspoon size balls. Let them chill out in the freezer for 10-15 minutes.
While the centers are taking a chill, melt the white chocolate. I like to lower the melting point of the chocolate by adding a little coconut oil to the chocolate. You don’t have to do this but can if you’d like too.
Once the chocolate is melted and smooth, coat each cookie truffle center with chocolate and set on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or waxed paper.
If you’d like to add sprinkles to the tops of the truffles, do this before the chocolate hardens. The melted, wet chocolate will act as a glue for your sprinkles.
HOW DO YOU MAKE TRUFFLES SO CONSISTENT IN SIZE?
The answer is easy… a portion scoop!
I love using portion scoops to make things consistent. I use portion scoops when making truffles, cookies, cupcakes (just about anything you make in the kitchen and want to be consistent). They’re even great if you’re trying to use portion control when eating.
For truffles, I like to use a very small, 1/2 tablespoon or 25mm portion scoop. This one is actually the smallest I could find. You can check it out here.
This little scoop helps keep these cute little truffles the perfect size. A bite-sized two-bite treat.
PERFECT FOR VALENTINE’S DAY OR BIRTHDAYS!
These vanilla Oreo Truffles are a perfect sweet treat to enjoy for Valentine’s Day. They are super easy to make and will spread sweet love to all that try one.
Add fun colorful sprinkles inside and out to make cute birthday truffles all the kids (and adults) will love.
Although these little bite-sized treats are small, they are so delicious and EASY to make.
Who in your family would love these little bites of joy?
My daughters all LOVE them!
HERE’S THE FULL PRINTABLE RECIPE:
- 3 oz vanilla Oreo cookies, 90 grams or about 8 Oreo cookies
- 1/3 cup vanilla frosting
- 2/3 cup white chocolate chips
- Sprinkles of your choice
- Using a food processor or blender, grind Oreo cookies into a fine powder.
- In a bowl add cookie powder and frosting. Mix until well blended. Add sprinkles if desired.
- Form into small 1/2 tablespoon size balls. Place in the freezer to chill while preparing the chocolate.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt white chocolate. Heat 30 seconds at a time stirring in between until chocolate is smooth (usually only takes 60-90 seconds).
- Once the cookie centers have become cold and firm, dip each ball into the melted white chocolate.
- Place dipped truffles on a cookie sheet lined with waxed paper or parchment. Add sprinkles immediately before white chocolate sets. Place in fridge or freezer for quick set.
*This post contains affiliate links. In order to support this blog and continue providing free content, I may receive a commission from purchases you make through the links in this post. This comes at no cost to you. It just helps me keep the delicious recipes coming. ?